With over 10,000 children’s books published each year, it’s hard to keep up with new authors and titles. We have put together a list of our favourite websites which we hope you will find useful and inspiring.
- Booktrust: use the Bookfinder to find the best new books plus book news and blogs http://www.booktrust.org.uk/
- Books for Keeps: articles, reviews and book news http://booksforkeeps.co.uk/
- Lovereadingforkids: recommendations, children’s reviews and special features http://www.lovereading4kids.co.uk/
- The Guardian Books has reviews, articles and booklists on a range of literature including children’s books.
- Barrington Stoke: specialises in dyslexia friendly books, free resources and posters http://www.barringtonstoke.co.uk/
- Bloomsbury: book reviews, book related activities, reading guides and trailers http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/childrens
- Chicken House: small independent publisher specializing in new authors https://www.chickenhousebooks.com
- Puffin: book recommendations, podcasts, videos, Virtually Live and author information https://www.penguin.co.uk/puffin/
- Walker Books: new books, trailers, videos and author information http://www.walker.co.uk/
Keeping up to date:
- The National Literacy Trust work with schools, communities and families to develop literacy, language and communication skills. Basic membership is free NLT
- The Reading Agency aim to inspire both children and adults to read for pleasure Because everything changes when we read
- The School Library Association produce a range of publications, book lists, general information and blogs. Subscription required but worth a look for latest news, blogs etc. SLA
- Teach It Primary provides Primary teaching resources for Foundation, KS1 and KS2. You can register for free PDFs or subscribe for access to a wide range of resources Teachit Primary