Reading for Pleasure
Evidence shows that children who read for pleasure are more likely to do well in school and to have better life chances. At Knowsley School Library Service we offer a range of services to inspire children to develop a love of reading and to broaden their reading choices.
- Author events in schools to encourage children to read more widely
- Resources to promote reading for pleasure
- Use of new technologies (eBooks) available to use in school and at home
- Chatterbooks reading groups in schools
- Training courses to help develop staff confidence and knowledge of children’s books.
- Advice on planning and developing library spaces
- School library re-organisation and audit
- Resources to support staff reading groups
- Book purchasing and supply services
- SLS-UK School Library Award accreditation