Online Stories and Learning Activities
We have pulled together a selection of online stories and learning activities to help you while you are learning at home. We will update this page each week, so keep checking for new things to do.
- You can find lots of lovely interactive books to read online at BookTrust
- Books for Topics have compiled a host of online story times for children to access freely from home. And what’s more they are all read aloud by their author or illustrator at Storytime Online
- Author Piers Torday will be hosting Lockdown Storytime every weekday at 2.30 p.m. on his YouTube channel.
- Head to BookTrust Home Time for lots of fun book related activities for the family to enjoy.
- Author S F Said will be hosting a live twitter chat every Tuesday from 2.00 – 3.00 p.m. use the hashtag #whatSFSaid
- Tune in every day to the National Literacy Trust Virtual School Library to hear a new instalment from their author of the week.
- The Bookwanderers Club is back every other Friday at 10am and will feature three different author segments as well as a reading round up and a bookseller top tip.
- A Library Lady blog has updated her very comprehensive list of resources to help children enjoy books at home.
- Learn at home with lessons by special guest teachers at Bitesize Daily on BBC iPlayer
- Daily lessons will also be broadcast on CBBC and BBC2 from Monday 11th January. Find out more here
- The National Literacy Trust Words For Life page has lots of activities to help parents, children and young people improve their language, literacy and communication skills at home
- Keep children safe online with this free app from National Online Safety
- Join The Princess in Black in the fight against Coronavirus!
- Listen to Winnie and Wilbur Stay at Home by Valerie Thomas and Korky Paul on YouTube
- You can find lots of easy art projects to try at home using materials from your recycling at ArtJumpStart
- Become a fake news detective and try out some fun activities with the NewsWise family resource pack
- Visit BBC Bitesize for some useful tips for parents on managing your own wellbeing during lockdown